Wednesday 11 February 2015

currently: February edition

hi, friends!

sorry for my absence - life in Grahamstown has been surprisingly busy, which has seen me only posting my "currently" for February near the middle of the month. OH THE HORROR!

without further ado, then, let me introduce you to my monthly list of stuff i'm up to, for you to peruse and judge ;)




READING: mental health books
the Master's course which i've just begun is practice-based, which means that instead of it being completely theoretical, it involves a major component of production - in my case, design work - which intersects in some way with an area that i'd like to research and from which i write an exegesis on my findings. i'm set on working on projects which intersect with the issue of mental health, which has necessitated a TON of reading! (something i've only just started doing... eep.) it's something about which i'm really passionate and i feel quite strongly that it's a necessary piece of research, but it's SO HEAVY... so if you have some light reading that you can recommend, please do so!

LISTENING TO: Sara Bareilles (this)
also: Mat Kearney's new album Just Kids (this)
also: Angus & Julia Stone (this)
also: Lennon & Maisy Stella (this)
also: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (this)

WATCHING: Downton Abbey
i'm on season 5 now... and it is THE BEST SHOW. Dame Maggie Smith is the absolute bomb. also, everything is so scandalous! the most scandalous thing happening in my life right now is my stubborn refusal to clean my flat.

ANTICIPATING: Design Indaba
OHMYGOSH. okay, there is a LOT that i'm looking forward to right now. if you'd asked me a week ago, i'd have said the thing i was anticipating the most was my bursary money; thankfully that came through yesterday and i can eat again! now, top of the agenda is the Design Indaba, which starts in Cape Town two weeks from today (!!!!!) - i am so. excited. i get to go to Cape Town with some super awesome people, including two of the guuuurls who have made the past few weeks so great - Carissa and Amy :D plus, i'll get to see Hayley, and hopefully Lucy and Josh! also: CAPE TOWN. ahhh. so much awesomeness happening.

ENJOYING: Adobe and my office!
my reunion with the Adobe Creative Suite has been nothing short of magical. i'm also super thrilled with my new office and the amazing Mia, with whom i share office space. i decorated the wall the other day and it feels so Hannah-ish... brilliant!
something i forgot about when i made my currently list (in Adobe Illustrator... obviously) was how much i'm LOVING my new glasses! they have made me vain. see below.



MISSING: ALL the people
it's weird being in Grahamstown without Chris. it's weird being in the department without Bronwyn, Lucy, Kiera, Madien and Co. i don't like it. come back to me, people :(

CRAVING: fruuuuuit
it helps that the fruit section is right at the entrance to Pick n Pay, because that was my first port of call this afternoon when i finally did a proper grocery shop. (ask Carissa, she bore witness to my fruit craziness.) i'm currently munching on grapes, and i bought some plums and a mango, too! (i also wanted some bananas and watermelon... alas alack, while they had bananas aplenty and watermelon quarters for only R12.99 yesterday, neither such fruits were anywhere to be found today :( i am sad.)

CONSUMING: Darsha's food
at the end of last year, Darsha gave me close to the entire non-perishable contents of her kitchen, and i have been living off of this food (rice, and dhal, and chili bites) for the past few days while i waited for my money to come through. i even attempted to eat mung beans... but i don't know how vegetarians eat them on the reg, because they are basically disgusting. *shudders*

WEARING: whatever's clean
ah, the student life! i have min (read: VERY, VERY LITTLE) electricity, and i'm also a lazy donkey. naturally, that means i don't want to wash my clothing. luckily, i have stacks of t-shirts and shorts and dresses... unfortunately, my washing pile keeps growing and growing. if for any reason, then, you don't know where to find me, chances are i've fallen into my pile of dirty laundry and disappeared altogether.

so! that is my life at present. what are y'all up to? :)

1 comment:

  1. I wanna come back, I dooooo!! <3 Miss your sweet face Han.

    ReplyDelete